Office 365 introduced news capabilities of five SharePoint pages:
Create news from SharePoint home in Office 365
SharePoint news is the best way to create dynamic updates, now you can do it from the SharePoint home in Office 365:
Click ‘Create news’ – choose the space where you wish to publish your news – you’re taken directly to the news authoring canvas for that site – give it a title – add your content from an ever-expanding set of web parts.
Microsoft introduced new web-parts and updates:
Planner – display tasks and progress from your team plans
Twitter – highlight individual tweets and full feeds
Office 365 Connectors – embed information from 3rd party services like Bitbucket, JIRA, and RSS
Kindle Instant Preview – reference an important Kindle book with one-click to preview or buy
Power BI – embed interactive Power BI reports directly into SharePoint
Image – offers automatic alt-text suggestions with the help of intelligent image analysis
SharePoint web parts are building blocks for your site pages and news articles. Just click the + sign and pick the right web parts.
Office 365 introduced a consistent, coherent sharing experience across the Web and desktop. These improvements allow users to share Office 365 files directly from File Explorer on PC and Finder on Mac, in addition to the latest versions of Office on the desktop and Office 365 web experiences. These improvements provide a simplified sharing experience, so users can share files and folders easily with partners both internal and external while retaining the right level of security. Continue reading
- Plan the procedures to avoid any interruption and to speed up the process:
- define the purpose of the testing and bring together the project team, with an emphasis on the project manager
- make a list of the documents to be included, the electronic formats to be used for these files, and existing platforms that will work with SharePoint (ERP/CMS/CRM systems)
- make sure you have a list of relevant access rights, business policies, and data protection requirements
2. Define the testing environment, including servers and networks, together with the requirements and the monitoring and reporting tools
3. Define the databases and test files that will be used and make sure these don’t breach security and confidentiality rules
4. Define the expected outcomes and success thresholds
5. Be sure you correctly understand bug triggers, communication between developers and testers is sufficient, documentation of past faults is rich Continue reading
Let’s imagine, you have a CSV file with names and email addresses. You need to create a large quantity of folders, each folder must have a specific name and be uniquely permissioned to different users based off the CSV.
All of this you can do with PowerShell.
- Make sure PnP PowerShell is installed, just run the command Get-Command -Module *PnP*
- Make sure you have a CSV file with the following headers and the relevant information:
What tools does Microsoft provide within Office 365 and SharePoint to build a Data Governance Policy?
- Permissions: you can control who can access, edit, download, share, move, delete, or otherwise interact with different pieces of data.
- FileSharing: how and what you allow to be “shared” within and outside the organization.
- ManagedMetadata: you can easily tag files according to categories, departments, file types, and other identifying information. You can then use it to find the data you need.
- Retention and Deletion Policies:
- You can create workflows that archive files to different locations after they pass a certain date.
- You can set up retention timelines.
- You can arrange deletion dates.