Targeted Release Office 365 customers are rolling out the ability to create and use custom site designs, which better align with the preferred look & feel and structure.
Site designs benefits:
- Custom site designs and custom site themes apply to both team sites and communication sites.
- A tenant-wide gallery helps to ensure each site can be assigned the right set of themes and designs by the right people
Office 365 introduced a simple, and fast migration solution to help users migrate content from on-premises SharePoint sites and file shares to SharePoint or OneDrive in Office 365.
SharePoint Migration Assessment Tool Updates
- A Unified Download Package
SMAT.exe determines the version of SharePoint; it works on both SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013.
What are D3 and Dimple?
D3 and Dimple are simply two tools that can help to display charts, graphs, and dashboards in applications for unique visualizations.
For creating Form, we need to use Microsoft PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, SharePoint Online and follow this algorithm of proceeding:
- Create a list in a SharePoint online site to capture the user’s details
- Open and create a PowerApps App using the SharePoint list Menu
- Design a form using PowerApps designer and bind data with controls and then save the data back to SharePoint Online list
- Open and create a Microsoft Flow to send email on item creation using SharePoint List
- Check the PowerApps functionality and configure an email to be sent from Microsoft Flow
Let’s go over it in details. Читать далее
Nowadays SharePoint is the most popular and productive document management system. It affords users ample opportunities, and it’s the best solution to manage policies and procedures.
Store Policies in Document Libraries (not on the file system)
SharePoint document libraries have numerous benefits for storing policies:
- customizable views
- ability to filter and sort
- addition of new columns / metadata
- ability to trigger workflows
- it allows documents to be managed and versioned
PnP-PowerShell is a good solution to migrate a site fro an on-premises SharePoint environment to Office 365 keeping a site the same. PnP-PowerShell helps to keep development, test and production sites in sync, a user doesn’t need to create fields, content types and lists manually.
Users can control a set of scripts, import or copy multiple sites by creating a config.xml.
Advantages of PnP-PowerShell:
- multiple pages handle, complex combinations of fields and lists handle
- one click for reading or updating all templates form a whole tenant
- opportunity to disable/enable features
- updating security setting
- fixing templates with mixes of team sites and publishing sites
- switching between the latest and older PnP PowerShell’versions
Office 365 announced SharePoint hub sites, which help to bring together related sites to roll up news and activity, to simplify search, etc.
There are a few advantages of this:
- connecting workplace with intelligent content management and intranets
- tools to share and work together
- informing and engaging people across the organization
- providing common navigational structure and search across associated sites
- aggregate news and activities from associated sites and display the roll-up on the hub site’s home page
- visibility and discoverability for projects and internal campaigns