The steps below will walk you through the steps to setup external MIM synchronization service to synchronize your User Profiles from Active Directory to your SharePoint 2016 or 2019 farm.
SharePoint is a great content management system, especially for large enterprises. It can be used to store documents, sheets, sites, and other essential data. But users often need to migrate their SharePoint data either to a newer version or to SharePoint Online cloud, which is not that simple.
I faced a similar scenario when I needed to upgrade from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016. Trust me, the process is not that simple as it looks. First of all, the manual process is too complicated, and the outcome will be not be as good as one would expect. That’s why I preferred to move to third-party software – Kernel Migrator for SharePoint.
Microsoft announced a ton of new capabilities in Teams
- Customize your Teams conversations and experience
- Easily manage conversations, tasks, and files from other Microsoft 365 apps within Teams
- Conduct more inclusive and effective meetings
- Give your Firstline Workers easier access to Teams
- Enable industry-specific scenarios in healthcare and other industries
- New planning and administration tools to easily manage Teams and protect your data
- Automate workflows, integrate custom apps and data insights within Teams using Power Platform
The Microsoft Graph Toolkit is a collection of web components powered by the Microsoft Graph.
Components are functional and work automatically with the Microsoft Graph
Components work with any web framework and on all modern browsers. IE 11 is also supported
Microsoft 365 learning pathways is a customizable, on-demand training solution designed to increase usage and adoption of Microsoft 365 services in your organization. As of 5/21/2019, Custom Learning for Office 365 is being renamed Microsoft 365 learning pathways.
Microsoft 365 learning pathways offers:
- A fully customizable SharePoint Online communication site – The learning pathways training portal can be customized to add your organization’s help, support, and community content
- Easy provisioning – Provision learning pathways from the SharePoint Online Provisioning Service with just a few easy steps
- The ability to create your own training playlists – with learning pathways, you can create targeted training playlists to meet the unique needs of your environment
- Up-to-date content – Learning pathways provides content through a Microsoft online content catalog, so the content at your site is regularly updated
This is a solution designed for SharePoint Online which provides numerous web parts, extensions, and other components which you can use as an example and inspiration for your own customizations.
SharePoint Communication Sites have great out-of-the-box capabilities, but the out-of-the-box capabilities may not always be sufficient for your scenarios. This is exactly why you are able to include your own customizations. This solution addresses common scenarios and tasks you may encounter when introducing those customizations, and provides examples and guidance on how you might address them including:
- Automated provisioning of simple demo content within a communication site
- Automated provisioning of the whole solution to any tenant within minutes
- Automated configuration of Site Scripts and Site Designs at the tenant level using the PnP Remote Provisioning engine
- Implementation of different customizations for SharePoint Online
- Usage of Office UI Fabric and reusable PnP SPFx controls within the customizations
The minimum supported patch level for the SharePoint 2013/2016 was updated:
- SP2013: Minimum supported patch level is April 2018 CU
- SP2016: Minimum supported patch level is May 2018 CU